1. Get up earlier instead of right in time for your first zoom meeting/call for the day.
2. Shower when water is available. DO NOT PUT IT OFF. Or you’ll ruin your whole day, sitting cranky and feeling gross.
3. Move. Dance to music, walk, fold that pile of laundry, anything to get you moving.
4. Do NOT sit in bed all day and night. It gets old really fast and makes you feel miserable/sick. Sit up in that comfy chair in the corner instead.
5. Do something you like (apart from binge watching your three streaming services).
6. When being productive feels like too much, just do three things and call it a day. Any three things. Draft an email. Pay a bill. Write a report.
7. Spend some time away from screens. You’ll get sick of your devices.
8. Spend some time in silence. You don’t need constant background noise.
9. Keep track of the date and the day of the week. Don’t get lost in the seamless stream of time passing at home.
10. Fix yourself something comforting to eat. Make that egg and cheese sandwich. Cook the pasta al dente, simmer the sauce.
11. Breathe. 1,2,3,4…1,2,3,4…1,2,3,4….1,2,3,4…
12. Talk (so you can remember the sound of your voice, at least). Make the phone and video calls.
13. Play games. Things don’t have to be so dire and serious all the time.
14. Find the humour in your situation as if you’re in a sitcom. You don’t laugh because things are going well for the characters.
15. Engage your mind. There are so many things to soak in. Poetry. Art. Books. Reading material. Creating and learning is what makes you feel alive.
16. Whatever-it-is will pass.