“You stare, seeing yet not
but feeling all the same.
And the streets are lined with tinsel and lights,
the beating of a drum running in your veins.
What a time to be alive,
When your soul is slowly reined.”
So this month has gone by in a whirlwind and with it came tidings both good and bad. Mostly an internalized juxtaposition but projected nonetheless in less than elegant means. If there is such a thing as a quarter life crisis, rest assured that is what I’m going through. Too many questions about the future are making my head ache.
Nonetheless, here’s some music to ride the wave, if like me, you chose to use music as salvation from what can be best described as a monotonous routine. You’ll find it just as jumbled of a mess as my thoughts, I suppose.
- Alive by Sia
- Dance of Dragons by Ramin Djawadi
- Believer by American Authors
- Lay it All on Me by Rudimental feat. Ed Sheeran
- Happiness by IAMX
- Infinity by One Direction
- Stay Alive by Jose Gonzalez
- Hiding by Florence + The Machine
- Never One to Complain by The Night Terrors of 1927
- R.I.P 2 My Youth by The Neighbourhood
- Desire (Gryffin Remix) by Years and Years